The Old English Bulldog is healthier than the most other Bulldog breeds , but they also suffer of a lesser extent from a number of bulking disorders such as ED/HD , patella , entropion / ectropion, allergies , too narrow airpipe ,too long palate etc ….ED/HD is only 20% hereditary ,for this 20 % we take responsibility as a responsible breeder by testing our dogs on this before. After this tests we have a litter with them ,also with the stud dogs outside our kennel.All test results are present available at us . The remaining 80 % is due on living conditions and not to genetic defects .As an experienced breeder ,we know that testing alone is noth enough ,so good angulations and muscling are at least as important for choosing a good breeding partner .In short a dog with good conformation is more important than a dog with bad comformation .Although a dog is free on rx , it can be a carrier and a sire .A dog without angles will then pass it worse than a dog with angles . Furthemore ,nutrition is extremely important , so we insist that the new owners give the food that we recommend until the dog is 1 year old and follow our nutritionel advice . They recieve a bag of in the puppy package together with the feeding schedule .This lump prevents the pup from getting a growth spurt that is disastrous and can cause skeletel growth , witch in turn can lead to ED/HD . We also recommend that you keep the puppy on balanced weight and that you should NOT let him become too fat . The skeleton of a puppy only consist of cartilage and growth discs that are still far apart .It takes about 1 year for a Bulldog untill the cartilage is bony and the growth discs are closed , so it is not advisable to have your puppy until that age : to jump in and out the car / seat
* Walking stairs
* Run on slippery floors
* Run after balls
* Take long walks
* Too long and too long efforts
* Lift the puppy with front or back legs
* Walking in sand for too long
* Don’t feed him too fat
Always give high quality food and don’t let your dog overweight , this can save you a lot of misery and sky high veterinary costs. Make sure there is enough rest, a puppy does not know his limits and is often over his limits befor he lays down. You can put him in a bench to prevent this . The bench can also be used, to close him in when you have to leave. This way it is safe and you do not have to worry , it can also be useful for the night .A puppy is very fragile,the first year of his life , despite its robust appearance , so take good care of him in a responsible manner , you can not rechange this period . Our dogs all have been tested for patella and have been checked for entropion, ectropion.We also pay attention to nice open nostrils and dogs with allergies are excluded for breeding.
For us health comes first , then construction and also character . Color is just a bonus .